Moscow, Idaho police chief dismisses quadruple murders turning to cold case

More than two weeks after the University of Idaho students were killed, Moscow's police chief declared that his department would continue to investigate the case "until we solve it."

Idaho's MOSCOW - The police chief in Moscow, Idaho ruled out the prospect that the case surrounding the murders of four University of Idaho students on November 13 would go cold and predicted a successful conclusion.

Over two weeks after the four University of Idaho students, Ethan Chapin, 20, Xana Kernodle, 20, Madison Mogen, 21, and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, were fatally stabbed in a King Road house close to the college campus between the hours of 3 and 4 a.m., Moscow Police Department Chief James Fry made the remarks to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News on Thursday.

Upon being questioned about whether the incident will become a cold case, Fry responded, "I'm not even going to guess on that, number one, because it's not even in my head." "We'll find a solution to this. We'll keep working until we find a solution."

According to police, the two roommates who survived the attack awoke later that morning and "summoned" friends because they thought one of the victims on the second floor had passed out and was not awakening. One of the roommates' cell phones were used to call 911 at 11:58 a.m. on November 13. Before police arrived at the house, "multiple people" spoke with the 911 dispatcher, according to officials.

Two victims were discovered on the second floor and two victims were discovered on the third floor when the police arrived.

Fry stated in the interview that little information is being made public in order to preserve the integrity of the cases.

We're always going to hold information back as much as we can because, when discussing the case's integrity, you're asking, "Have you tainted jurors when this goes to trial?" stated Fry. "There is much more going on than just people knowing. Because a fair trial requires witnesses who are ignorant of the facts and have formed preconceived notions about them."

Fry also addressed the neighborhood's criticisms of the investigation's rapidity.

In order to properly process the evidence without contaminating it or destroying it, he added, "I think people need to understand that these things take time."

According to Fry, the police department is still certain that the attack was intentional.

In a press release on Wednesday night, the Moscow Police Department stated that "detectives are still looking into the matter" but do not "at this time know if the residence or any of the occupants were particularly targeted."

The Moscow Police Department stated in a statement released to Fox News on Thursday that it thinks the attack was targeted.

"In response to statements made by Latah County Prosecutor Thompson, who claimed that the suspect(s) specifically searched this house and that one or more of the inhabitants were certainly targeted, we clarified the situation yesterday night. We continue to believe that this was a deliberate attack, but we are unsure if the residence or its occupants were the target "The sentence was read.